[Podcast] The World Bank and the Regional Multidisciplinary Centre of Excellence launch joint project aimed at supporting IOC and APEI countries for COVID-19 recovery22 May 2020
As many countries in Africa struggle with accessing key medical equipment and supplies to fight COVID-19, the World Bank and the Regional Multidisciplinary Centre of Excellence (RMCE) have launched a regional project to support member States of the Indian Ocean Commission (IOC) and the Accelerated Program for Economic Integration (APEI) to access the necessary medical equipment and supplies through regional suppliers. More broadly, the programme will actively contribute to the region’s economic recovery efforts. Here is an edited version of the roundtable podcast held on 20 May 2020.
APEI Member Countries: Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Seychelles and Zambia
IOC Member Countries: Comoros, Madagascar, Mauritius, Reunion and Seychelles
· Erik von Uexkull is World Bank Country Economist/Representative - Mauritius & Seychelles
· Ali Mansoor is Chairman of the Regional Multidisciplinary Centre of Excellence
· Prakash Hurry is Officer in Charge of the Regional Multidisciplinary Centre of Excellence
· Paul Baker is the Chief Executive of International Economics Consulting Ltd and World Bank Consultant
· Nashreen Edoobaccus is the Moderator of the Roundtable
Disclaimer: The opinions or views expressed herein are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the site’s owner or editors. We endeavour to report accurate information and as such, we use sources that are widely considered reliable . All site content is intended for information purposes only and thus shall not serve as or be deemed professional advice or services. By accessing and using the content on this site, you agree that you shall remain solely responsible for the use of and reliance upon all site content at your sole option and risk.
© 2020 International Economics Consulting Ltd., All Rights Reserved